Once you've created your group, you may want to include access to a shared Google Drive folder for everyone who joins your new group. We've integrated Google Drive permissions into miPLACE so that you can automatically share a Google Drive folder with the members of your group. If someone leaves your miPLACE group, they will also lose access to your folder.
- In your miPLACE group, scroll to your Group Administration block and click on "Edit Configuration"
- Scroll to the bottom of this page until you see "Group Email." The email will be GroupName@osisd.net Copy this email.
- Navigate to Google Drive and Create your folder. You may want to name it similarly to your group name in miPLACE.
- Share the Folder with the Group Email you copied from your Edit Configuration page.
- Once you've created and shared your folder, copy the shareable link from the folder in Drive:
- Navigate to your group in miPLACE.
- Find the Group Administration block in your Group and click "Edit Configuration"
- Scroll down to the Google Drive field
- Paste the link you copied from your folder into the Google Drive Field:
- Click "Save Changes" and you are all set!
The group email is only for sharing a Google Drive folder or a Google Calendar. You are not able to send emails directly to the group via the Group Email. In order to communicate with all members of the group, please use the Group Forum activity within the group.